|17 Years old||+1d6 years
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'1"||+ 2d12 Inches||160 Lbs.||+ 2d12x7 Lbs.|
|Female||4'10"||+ 2d12 Inches||120 Lbs.||+ 2d12x7 Lbs.|
Sharkfolk are one of the larger races standing at an average of 6'4" for males and 6'1" for females. Known for their powerful bodies and wise choices they are often employed as diplomats. sharkfolk's bodies are smooth to the touch and have gills along their neck as to allow them to breathe and glide though the water effortlessly, a feat most of their aquatic brothers and sisters are famous for. Their eyes have long adapted to the darkness of the underwater causing their irises to turn black and their pupils a wide verity of vibrant colors. It has been said most sharkfolk try to pair along with other sharkfolks with the same color irises as their soul would have matched. While their initial appearance of being large, powerful, and having a mouth full of razor sharp teeth would impose fear of any of the smaller races such as gnomes, halflings, or even some of the smaller humans they would almost forget that fear because of the calming atmosphere a sharkfolk diplomat exude around themselves. As proud beings of the oceans none should ever underestimate a sharkfolk in neither feats of strength or mind or they will soon find themselves in the maw of defeat.
Sharkfolk are quite fond of protecting all sea creatures that mean no harm to other sea creatures, and are quick to make friends.
Alignment and Religion
Sharkfolk don't really have an alignment, they can be as saucy as devils or as innocent as angels, truly it depends on how they are raised and what things occur to them in life, though very few of them are ever truly evil, mostly mischievous.
Sharkfolk have a strong desire to venture out into the world, explore to the best of their abilities and try to make as many friends and allies as possible. They are constantly in battle with 'harmful' creatures of the depths such as the sahuagin, and have been known to destroy them in retaliation for the death that the creatures cause to other sea life creatures like the merfolk to whom the Sharkfolk have a wonderful relationship treating them as the beautiful babies of the sea they are and protecting them whole-heartedly.
Sharkfolk Racial Traits (19 RP)
Ability Score Modifiers (2 RP): Strong and Wise are a majority of the Sharkfolk. They gain +2 Strength and +2 Wisdom.
Type (0 RP): Sharkfolk are Humanoids with the Aquatic Subtype.
Size (0 RP): Sharkfolk are Medium creatures.
Base Speed (2 RP): Sharkfolk have a reduced speed of 20 feet, but they have a 40 foot swim-speed due to being born and raised basically in the water.
Languages (1 RP): Sharkfolk being play speaking Common and Aquan. Sharkfolk with high intelligence are capable of learning any language they want (except for secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Darkvision (3 RP): Sharkfolk are adept at hunting, more so at night and have adapted to do so without any problems. Sharkfolk has 120 Foot Darkvision.
Amphibious (2 RP): Sharkfolk are Amphibious and have the ability to survive indefinitely out of water though most usually prefer to remain in the water if possible.
Stalker (1 RP): Sharkfolk are some of the most adept hunters both in and out of water this has granted them special traits such as Perception and Stealth as class skills.
Gift of Tongues (2 RP): Diplomats of the sea, Sharkfolk have a +1 to Bluff and Diplomacy Checks, in addition they learn 2 languages per rank of linguistics.
Skilled Focus (4 RP): Sharkfolk have a broad study in mind with their lives learning new skills and forcing themselves to be the best at said skills this grants them Skill Focus at 1st level, 8th level and 16th level.
Bite (2 RP): Sharkfolk have a very powerful bite attack to rip into their enemies this attack dealse 1d4 Damage and is a Primary Natural Attack.
Alternate Racial Traits
Runtstyle Sharkfolk: Sometimes Sharkfolk children don't quite get to reach the same level of height, weight... or strength as their usual race would show, these Sharkfolk though they might not like it are called Runts, they are small sized sharkfolk and are much more agile but just as wise as their Larger racial members. Runtfolk gain +2 Dexterity and +2 Wisdom. This replaces the base size and Ability Score Modifiers of the Base Sharkfolk.
Prerequisite: Wisdom 13, Sharkfolk
Benefit: You gain the scent special ability.
Prerequisite: Wisdom 15, Sharkfolk, Keen Scent, Level 5
Benefit: Improve your scent to a 180-foot radius underwater, and can detect blood in the water at ranges of up to a mile. In addition gain the Ferocity Universal Monster Ability.
Prerequisite: Strength 15, Sharkfolk, Level 5
Benefit: Your bite is so powerful that it is always treated as a Primary Natural Attack even when attacking with manufactured Weapons, in addition your bite always deals 1.5xStrength on damage.
Prerequisite: Con 13, Sharkfolk, Escape Artist 5 ranks
Benefit: Sharkfolk with this feat have an extra level of protection against being grappled or held, this grants them +4 on CMD vs Grapple and to Escape Artist checks.
Favored Class Bonuses
- Aegis: Add +1 foot to the aegis’s base land speed. This option has no effect unless the aegis has selected it 5 times (or another increment of 5); a speed of 34 feet is effectively the same as a speed of 30 feet, for example.
- Alchemist: Add +10 minutes to the duration of the alchemist’s mutagens.
- Antipaladin: Add 5 feet to the antipaladin’s detect good range. This option has no effect unless selected 5 times (or another increment of 5); a range of 64 feet is effectively the same as a range of 60 feet, for instance.
- Arcanist: Add 1 spell from the arcanist spell list to the arcanist spell book. This spell must be at least 1 spell level below the highest level the arcanist can cast.
- Arminger: Add +1/6th of an Athletics sphere (motion) or (swim) talent.
- Armorist: Add +1/6 of an arsenal trick.
- Barbarian: Add +2 temporary hit points while raging in or near the water.
- Bard: Add a +1/3 bonus to all untrained Knowledge checks.
- Blacksmith: Add +1/2 hit points and +1/4th hardness to your worn and wielded equipment.
- Bloodrager: Add +1 foot to the bloodrager’s swim speed when in a blood rage. In combat this option has no effect unless the bloodrager has selected it 5 times (or another increment of 5); a swim speed of 54 feet is effectively the same as 50 feet, for example.
- Brawler: Add +1/2 to damage rolls made with unarmed attacks.
- Cavalier: Add a +1/2 bonus on Diplomacy and Ride checks.
- Cleric: Add +1/4 of an additional die of channel energy.
- Commander: Add +1/4 to the rounds that your lingering commands class feature lasts.
- Conscript: Add +1/3 damage with bite attacks.
- Cryptic: Add a +1 bonus to Linguistics checks on riddles and puzzles.
- Dragoon: Add +1/5 of a Weather sphere talent.
- Dread: Add a +1/2 bonus to Intimidate and Perception checks.
- Elementalist: Add DR 1/Piercing for each 6 times this benefit is taken.
- Eliciter: Gain a +1/2 bonus to Intimidation checks made to demoralize opponents, and to Bluff checks made to feint in combat.
- Fey Adept: Add a +1/2 bonus to Stealth checks and Perception checks made in dim light and darkness.
- Fighter: Add a +1 bonus to the fighter’s CMD when resisting grapple and a +1 bonus on Escape Artist checks.
- Gunslinger: Add a +1/3 bonus to the AC bonus granted by the gunslinger’s dodge deed.
- Hedgewitch: Add a +1/2 bonus to Diplomacy and Bluff checks made to ask favors or to convince a creature of the truthfulness of your words.
- Hunter: Add a +1/2 bonus on wild empathy checks the hunter makes to influence animals and magical beasts that have the aquatic subtype.
- Incanter: Choose a sphere. Whenever the incanter creates an effect from that sphere, the effect endures for 1/2 a round after the duration expires, or the incanter stops concentrating.
- Inquisitor: Add a +1/2 bonus to Knowledge checks to identify the abilities and weakness of creatures with the aquatic subtype.
- Investigator: Add a +1/3 bonus to all untrained Knowledge checks.
- Mageknight: Gain +1/6 of a bonus combat feat.
- Magus: Add +1/2 damage on spells that contain the water descriptor or belong to the elemental water school.
- Marksman: Gain a +1/2 bonus to the dodge bonus granted by evade arrows.
- Monk: Add +1/4 to the monk’s armor class bonus.
- Mountebank: Add +1/5 of a Weather sphere talent.
- Necros: Add +1/6 of combat talent to your corpse puppet.
- Ninja: Add a +1/3 bonus on damage rolls to sneak attack.
- Oracle: Add one spell known from the oracle spell list or from the Wave, Wind, or Lunar mysteries. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast.
- Paladin: Add 5 feet to the paladin’s detect evil range. This option has no effect unless selected 5 times (or another increment of 5); a range of 64 feet is effectively the same as a range of 60 feet, for instance.
- Psion: Add +1/3 to the psion’s saving throws versus water effects.
- Psychic Warrior: Add a +1/2 bonus on Stealth checks.
- Reaper: +1/2 CL for the Life sphere.
- Rogue: Add a +1/2 bonus on Perception and Stealth checks while near or in the water.
- Samurai: Add a +1/6 bonus to the samurai’s Reflex saves when near or in the water.
- Savant: Add +1/10 to the amount of Martial Focus you may have.
- Scholar: Treat your Intelligence as +1/4 point higher when determining your carrying capacity with careful packer, and when determining the save DCs for your material impositions.
- Sentinel: Add +1/4 to your natural armor bonus.
- Shaman: Add +1/4 to the natural armor bonus of the shaman’s spirit animal.
- Shifter: Add +2.5 feet to the shifter’s swim speed. In combat, this only has an effect for every two increases to the movement’s speed.
- Skald: Add a +1/4 bonus to Will saving throws when the skald performs the inspired rage raging song.
- Slayer: Add a +1/3 bonus the the slayer’s sneak attack damage rolls.
- Soulknife: Add +1/6 of a new blade skill.
- Soul Weaver: Add a +1/6 of a channel feat.
- Striker: Add +1/6 additional maximum tension.
- Summoner: Add 10 feet to the range of the eidolon’s life link ability while in the water. if the eidolon’s base form is aquatic, this bonus is applied when out of the water also.
- Swashbuckler: Add +1/4 to the swashbuckler’s effective class level to determine the extra damage she deals because of the precise strike deed when wielding a Trident or a Harpoon. If the swashbuckler has the Slashing Grace feat or another similar effect, she can treat the Trident or Harpoon as a one-handed piercing melee weapon, and she gains this benefit when wielding the appropriate weapon for the feat as well.
- Symbiat: Increase the number of rounds the symbiat may use psionics per day by 1.
- Tactician: Add +1/2 to the maximum number of creatures allowed in the tactician’s collective.
- Technician: Add +1/8th of a new invention.
- Thamaturge: Add +1/6 to the save DCs of the Thaumaturge's invocations.
- Vitalist: Add +1/2 to the maximum number of creatures allowed in the vitalist’s collective.
- Warpriest: Add +1/2 to the result of the warpriest’s channeled energy when healing creatures with the aquatic subtype.
- Wilder: Add 1/4 power known from the wilder power list. This power must be at least one level below the highest power level the wilder can manifest.
- Witch: Add 5 feet tremorsense to the witch’s familiar. If the familiar doesn’t have tremorsense, the familiar gains tremorsense 5 feet. If the witch ever replaces her familiar, the new familiar gains this bonus to its tremorsense distance.
- Wizard: Add +1/4 wizard’s casting level when casting spells containing the water descriptor.
- Wraith: Gain +1 round of wraith form per day.